Karnataka Gig Worker Insurance Scheme: Benefits, Eligibility, Application Process
Karnataka Gig Worker Insurance Scheme:- Chief Minister and Finance Minister Siddaramaiah on Friday offered Rs 4 lakh insurance cover for gig workers, possibly a first for any state. He was presenting his 14th budget overall and the first for the current Congress administration. Siddaramaiah while presenting the scheme made a special mention of e-commerce delivery workers. Read below to check detailed information related to Gig Worker Insurance Scheme such as highlights, objectives, features and benefits, eligibility criteria, required documents, application process and more.
Karnataka Gig Worker Insurance Scheme 2023
CM K. Siddaramaiah launched this delivery man scheme in the state on July 7. 4 lakh insurance cover provided by this gig worker insurance program will go to delivery boys for online shopping. Under this programme, Karnataka State Government will provide benefits for 2 lakhs Life insurance And 2 lakh accident insurance to any eligible person working for an online retailer like Zomato, Amazon, Flipkart, Swiggy, etc.
Karnataka Swawalambi Sarathi Scheme
Karnataka gig worker insurance scheme details in highlights
|name||Gig Worker Insurance Scheme|
|Introduced by||Chief Minister Siddaramaiah|
|Introduced above||7 July 2023|
|Beneficiary||Delivery man of e commerce company|
|Sum Assured for Accident||2 lakhs per annum|
|Life Insurance Sum||2 lakhs per annum|
|Total Sum Assured||4 lakhs per annum|
Karnataka gig worker insurance scheme objective
Providing insurance benefits to them is the primary objective of insurance schemes launched for gig workers. Because all these gig workers deliver your goods instantly to your home or workplace without wasting time in any season. Be it winter, summer or rainy season, they are responsible for timely product delivery in any season. Hence, the state government provides them with life and accident insurance cover under this scheme.
Griha Lakshmi Yojana Karnataka
Features and Benefits of Karnataka Gig Worker Insurance Scheme
Some of the key features and benefits of this insurance plan are as follows:
- The benefits of the scheme are available to you whether you are a full-time or part-time delivery employee.
- The Karnataka State Government will cover your premium for the entire year.
- You can make insurance claims totaling Rs. 2 lakh for life insurance and Rs. 2 lakhs for accident insurance.
- Your annual insurance claim will total 4 lakhs.
- The said Rs. The biggest feature of 4 lakh insurance plan is that no premiums need to be paid to get the insurance cover.
- For gig workers in the state of Karnataka, Accident + Life Insurance Plan will be very beneficial.
Eligibility criteria for Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme
Applicants applying for the insurance plan should fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The benefits of the insurance program are available only to residents of Karnataka.
- Both full-time and part-time gigs worked for the applicant are eligible to receive workers’ insurance benefits.
- Only people who have worked as delivery drivers for an online retailer, ie Zomato, Swiggy, Flipkart, Snapdeal, and so on, are eligible.
Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme
Documents required to apply
Following are some important documents required for the scheme.
- Passport size photograph
- of the applicant Aadhar Card
- Residence Certificate
- mobile number
- Death Certificate (if applicable)
- Doctor’s prescription (in case of accident)
- E-Commerce Company ID
- Bank account details
Application Process for Karnataka Gig Worker Insurance Scheme
Karnataka government has recently introduced this scheme. The government has not released an official website for this yet; However, the government will soon do so. We will update this post as soon as there is new update on this plan.
#Karnataka #Gig #Worker #Insurance #Scheme #Benefits #Eligibility #Application #Process