Karkhandar Yojana will increase the craft, income of Kashmiri citizens
Karkhandar Scheme:- This scheme was launched by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir to promote the handicraft industry in the Union Territory. The new Khandandar scheme will give a new lease of life to the handicrafts industry, especially for dying handicrafts. Read below to check detailed information related to Karkhandar scheme like highlights, objectives, vision, financial assistance offered, eligibility criteria, application process and more.
Karkhandar Scheme 2023
The Karkhandar Scheme was launched by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir to promote the handicraft industry in the Union Territory. Tries to help Jammu and Kashmiri artists. Department of Handicrafts and Handlooms, Kashmir will implement the program on a pilot basis. This is an important decision that will give a new lease of life to the handicraft industry of UT, especially the dying crafts. According to Mahmood Ahmed Shah, Director of Handicrafts and Handlooms in Kashmir, this was a historic decision. The scheme will revive the UT craft industry, especially the struggling handicrafts.
Unemployed Se Self Employment Yojana
Details of J&K Factory Scheme in Highlights
|Introduced by||Jammu and Kashmir Govt|
|Implemented by||Department of Handicrafts and Handlooms, Kashmir|
|State||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Objective||Empowering and supporting artisans|
Objectives of the Khandandar Scheme
Some of the major objectives of the Karkhandar Yojana are as follows.
- Revive a neglected craft.
- Aggregation will increase the income of artisans.
- Improve the way trainees learn.
- Establish linkages with manufacturing organizations to impart entrepreneurial skills and aptitude to trainees.
The need for a factory plan
People who work in the handicraft industry are exploited, forcing them to leave their handicraft employment and leaving them in a cycle of poverty and pessimism. Khandandar Scheme for Development of Craft Sector has been launched by J&K Government to advance their learning methods, increase their earnings and enhance entrepreneurial skills among them.
J&K Ration Sheet List
Karkhandar Scheme Vision
Jammu and Kashmir Karkhandar Yojana will provide skill-enhancement training in handicrafts including walnut wood carving, silver filigree, carpet, Kani shawl weaving, khatband and papier mache handicrafts to those who lack human resources. Additional handicrafts will also be given due consideration, as determined by the individual Assistant Director of Handicrafts and Handloom Department. Depending on how well the scheme is received in each craft, the number of craft centers allotted to that craft may be transferred to others. For a period of six months, each craft shall have a minimum of one and a maximum of five training programmes.
Financial assistance is provided through the Karkhandar Yojana
- Each trainee will get Rs. 2000 per month. However, the stipend will be paid in two installments: Rs. 1000 will be paid through a personal bank account, and the remaining amount will be disbursed after successful completion of the probationary period or practical training session.
- The manufacturers were given Rs. 2000 per trainee for logistic expenses in addition to honorarium for eligible students. However, this will not be granted until it is determined that the trainees have acquired the required skills. Trainees will be assessed using a qualification framework that has been adopted and designed for skill upgrade levels.
Eligibility Criteria for Jammu and Kashmir Karkhandar Scheme
Applicants applying for Karkhandar Yojana must fulfill the following eligibility criteria
- This initiative considers eligible trainees or past learners from coaching centres.
- A large factory may have 10 apprentices, while a small factory requires at least 5 apprentices.
- Languishing crafts are not covered by this clause.
- Those who need their financial assistance
- Artisans from Jammu and Kashmir
Village Protection Scheme
MANUFACTURER PLAN APPLICATION PROCEDURE METHOD
- Meritorious pass-out trainees or ex-trainees of departmental training facilities will be identified and encouraged to opt for enrollment under the Karkhandar scheme, mentioned in Annexure A.
- Such trainees will get registration card.
- Bank accounts will be opened for trainees under Jan Dhan Yojana.
- As mentioned in Annexure B, the Department of Handicrafts and Handlooms shall identify registered factories or factory owners who are willing to accept ex-apprentices or passed apprentices in their factories.
- A complete database of identified trainees, including their Aadhaar, EPIC and bank account numbers, will be maintained.
- The selected manufacturer is responsible for providing the necessary logistics, such as tools, equipment, machinery, raw materials, space, etc. For the logistic expenses required for the proper conduct of the training programme, these factories will receive Rs. A lump sum payment will be received. 25,000 each in two installments.
- After successful completion of the course, the trainees can form cooperatives and will be provided with all necessary support or supervision so that they can fulfill the objectives of the scheme.
#Karkhandar #Yojana #increase #craft #income #Kashmiri #citizens