Complete information about Jal Jeevan Mission Yojana
Jal Jeevan Mission :- As we all know that without water our life is not possible. That is why Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has started Jaljeevan Mission for water conservation. Jal Jeevan Mission rural areas Through this scheme, water facilities will be provided to the citizens of the rural areas of the Government of India. On August 15, 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi made water system available to all citizens Jal Jeevan Mission was launched. Through Jal Jeevan Mission, drinking water taps will be installed in the houses of people living in rural areas. The central government has kept a budget of Rs 360 lakh crore for the implementation of this scheme. Separate budgets will be provided by the central government and the state government for this campaign.
What is Jal Jeevan Mission Yojana (Rural)?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched Jal Jeevan Mission Yojana on 15th August 2019 on Independence Day. The scheme has been launched to provide water to all areas where there are still people Water problem have to face About 50% of the country is rural. Those who face water problems. And they have to travel many miles for water. And at the same time one has to go through various problems. Keeping in view all these problems, the central government has decided to provide water facilities to the citizens of all rural areas under Jal Jeevan Abhiyan.
According to the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation, 18.33% rural households have been given water connections since 2019. Out of the total 17.87 crore rural households, the government has so far provided water facilities to 3.27 crore households. The government aims to provide piped water to all households living in rural areas by 2024. For that, many states are cooperating to take forward the Jal Abhiyaan. For example, the Uttarakhand government is providing water connections to people’s homes for just Rs.
National Rural Health Mission
Information about Jal Jeevan Mission (Rural).
Objective of Jal Jeevan Mission
The main objective of Jal Jeevan Mission is to provide water facility to all the rural areas of the states where people are facing problems like water. Under this campaign, clean and pure water facility will be provided to all the rural families through pipes. In the areas where there is no water, water will be supplied to every house through pipeline and the government has named this campaign as Har Ghar Jal Yojana. Through the Jal Jeevan Mission, successful efforts are being made to connect the symbolic family of the country with tap water. The work of providing water to the villagers will be done under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan. Through this campaign, employment opportunities will be available to the citizens living in rural centers and their economic status will also improve.
Har Ghar Nal Scheme
Budget of Jal Jeevan Mission Yojana
The central government has allocated Rs 350 lakh crore in the budget for Jal Jeevan Mission. Through which water connection will be provided to the rural areas of the states. From 2019 to 2024, the participation of the central and state governments has been fixed in various forms. For the successful operation of this mission, the following budget has been fixed for a period of 5 years, which is listed below.
|order No||Financial year||Plan in center Govt done Participation||State Govt done Participation||Total Budget done the amount|
|2019-20||20 crores 798 lakhs Rs||15 crores 202 lakhs||36 Crore Rs|
|2020-21||34 crores 753 lakhs||25 crores 247 lakhs||60 crores|
|2021-22||58 Crore 011 Lakh Rs||41 crores 989 lakhs||100 crores|
|2022-23||48 crores 708 lakhs Rs||35 crores 292 lakhs||84 thousand crore rupees|
|2023-24||46 Crore 382 Lakh Rs||33 crores 618 lakhs||80,000|
|Total the amount||2,08,652||1,51,348||3,60,000|
Jal Jeevan Mission done properties
- A key feature of the Jal Jeevan Mission is that household tap connections will be provided to all rural households.
- Through this scheme, water facility will be provided in all those parts of the state. Where there is no water facility.
- Management of local water resources will be promoted. So that household tap connections can be made available.
- Arrangements will be made to connect water to Anganwadi centers, schools, village panchayat buildings, health centers in rural areas through Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Through this mission, pipeline water supply infrastructure will have to be developed to provide piped water connection to households in rural areas.
- Bulk water transfer treatment plants and distribution network will be developed in required areas to meet the needs of rural households of the states.
- Works are going to be done in the district areas of the state under the water and health campaign through the state water and sanitation campaign.
Chief Minister Jal Swalamban Yojana
water life mission of benefit
- Women and girls will get the maximum benefit of Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Now that there is water system in the houses, they don’t have to walk to fetch water.
- This mission will play an important role in making the lives of women tolerable.
- Rural people will get relief through JJM.
- The central government has allocated a budget of Rs 3.60 lakh crore for this mission.
- Water conservation will also be promoted through this campaign.
- As water facility is available in the house, women will be able to do their work on time.
- Through this campaign, water will be connected to public places in rural areas.
- With the aim of making the coming generation aware of the importance of water, this campaign will also educate children about water conservation, so that they can conserve water for the future.
- Through the Jal Jeevan Mission, the source of drinking water in the village will be increased.
- 6 crore houses will be supplied with water through this scheme of the central government.
- So far people in 18 districts have been given the benefit of this scheme.
- 19 crore 17 lakh 20 thousand 832 rural families have benefited from the facility of household tap connection.
Jal Jeevan Mission of internal funds Allotment Eligibility And criteria
The total estimated expenditure for financial implementation under Jal Jeevan Yojana of the Central Government is Rs.3.60 lakh crore. For which the sharing of funds between the center and the states has been determined by the government separately for the hill states. For which certain qualifications have to be met.
- Under the Jal Jeevan Mission, 90% of the funding mechanism for the state of Uttarakhand will be provided by the central government and 10% by the state government.
- 100 per cent of the funds will be borne by the central government for the north-eastern states including Himachal Pradesh.
- For the rest of the sector, 50-50 per cent of the funds will be shared by the central government and the state government.
- The constitutional allocation of funds among the states has been modified by including the number of excluded. Domestic connection will be provided as an additional criterion with 20% weightage and 10% weightage in rural areas.
- Areas with higher population due to water quality will be allocated more funds.
- Water supplied under Jaljeevan Mission should be potable.
Mera Pani Meri Virasat Yojana
water life mission of Beneficiary States of Description
States in which Jal Jeevan Yojana benefits have been given to rural areas. Through this scheme, all those states are trying to bring maximum benefits to the rural people. The percentage wise list of states benefiting from this mission is given below. In this list you can see the percentage of rural area benefit.
|State of name||water life mission Plan of benefit of percent|
|A state in eastern India||54.38%|
|Jammu and Kashmir||14.94%|
Jal Jeevan Mission FAQ
Jal Jeevan Mission was started by Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi.
Jal Jeevan Mission was launched on 15th August 2019.
Gramin Jal Jeevan Abhiyan is run by Gram Pani Swachhta Samiti and sub-committee of Gram Panchayat.
No, the benefit of this campaign will be given to people in both rural and urban areas.
Under the Jal Jeevan Mission, more than 19 crore households have been provided with household tap connections.
#Complete #information #Jal #Jeevan #Mission #Yojana